About Business Information Systems Program
The Business Information Systems program is a unique combination of the computing domain and the business sector that is developed to equip the students with competencies of managing IS (Information Systems), information technology, entrepreneurship, business processes, and project management. Its graduates will play an important role in delivering technological solutions to the marketplace by systematically recognizing and translating business needs into technical IT (Information Technology) requirements.
The ability to be the link between technology and the people/customer is a rare expertise in the IT industry nowadays. Combined with a focus on international quality higher education systems, embedded entrepreneurship, and innovation subjects, the program opens its graduates to endless opportunities from being a world-class Information Systems professional to a well-equipped business start-up entrepreneur.
The double degree offered in partnership with Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Northumbria University in the United Kingdom, and Cologne Business School in Germany, will enhance students’ ability to compete in the international marketplace. The program aims to prepare students for either immediate entry into the global marketplace or for more advanced study in either business or information technology.
Vision and Mission
A world-class school of information systems specialized in IT- Business innovation for fostering and empowering the society.
The missions of the Business Information Systems Program are:
- Nurturing students and lecturers with creative and value-adding talents in Information Systems by creating a suitable environment
- Educating students in information systems, covering knowledge and skills in analyzing, designing, and implementing information systems for improving business processes and to be able to create an innovative and valuable information system solution, through intensive learning process, research activities, and collaboration with global industries.
- Providing integrated knowledge to pursue further studies and create outstanding professionals, entrepreneurs, and leaders for a global community.
- Providing professional services in Information Systems with an emphasis on the application of knowledge to society.
- Fostering the quality of life of Indonesians and the international community through leveraging Information system solutions.
The objectives of the Business Information Systems program are:
- To equip students with the expertise and solid basic knowledge about system development that will be needed as a professional in the field of information systems, as well as increasing the skills and knowledge of educators in the information systems field.
- To prepare students with proficiency and in-depth knowledge of innovative information systems related to IT-Business Innovation.
- To equip students with the ability to use knowledge of applied business applications for specific industrial purposes.
- To equip the community with expertise and knowledge through the use of information system solutions.
- To provide education to the public regarding the use and application of information systems.
Upon successful completion of this four-year program, students are expected to be able to:
- Able to analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Able to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Able to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Able to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Able to support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
A wide range of career opportunities in the information systems industry are introduced to students during their studies. The integrated curriculum is designed and developed to support students in building on their technical and non-technical skills as well as engaging with the industry. IS graduates may enter the marketplace through many career paths, including, but not limited to:
- Data Scientist
- Corporate Information Systems Designer
- Database Administrator (DBA)
- E-Business Entrepreneur
- Enterprise System Administrator
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Consultant
- Information Technology-Based Entrepreneur
- IS Project Manager
- IT/IS Consultant
- IS Auditor
- Programmer Analyst
- System Tester and Integrator
This program provides an internship program wherein they may conduct real projects as a practical study within industrial contexts. The program develops the students’ abilities to be involved in professional practices, and ethical and organizational responsibilities. Furthermore, the industrial internship program provides students with real experiences in the workplace and leverages their ability to cope with the international working environment. In addition, a series of study/field trips to visit professionals and industries will be conducted to give good grounds for having a broad overview of the industry. These experiences support individual career aspirations and may provide social and professional networks.
BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL also provides career support for students by disseminating information on the latest job vacancies, internships, and workshops. This support service can be accessed on www.binuscareer.com
- Sarjana Komputer (S.Kom.) from BINUS UNIVERSITY
- Double Degree with Bachelor of Information Technology (B.I.T.) from Queensland University of Technology in Queensland, Australia
- Double Degree with a Bachelor of Art (B.A.) from Cologne Business School in Cologne, Germany
- Double Degree with a Bachelor of Science (BSc. – Hons.) in Information Technology Management for Business from Northumbria University, Newcastle, United Kingdom.
- Double Degree with a Master of Management (M.Mngt) from Macquarie University, Australia.
- Double Degree with a Master of Commerce, specialization in Accounting (M.Comm-Acct) from Macquarie University, Australia.
- Double Degree with a Master of Commerce, specialization in Business Management and Organisations (M.Comm-BMO) from Macquarie University, Australia.
- Double Degree with a Master of Commerce, specialization in Finance (M.Comm-Finance) from Macquarie University, Australia.
- Double Degree with a Master of Commerce, specialization in Marketing (M.Comm-Mktg) from Macquarie University, Australia.
- Double Degree with a Master of Information Technology in Cyber Security (M.of IT – Cyber Security) from Macquarie University, Australia.
- Double Degree with a Master of Information Systems Management (M.InfSystMngt) from Macquarie University, Australia.
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS) from Boston University, Massachusetts
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Criminal Justice (MSCJ) from Boston University, Massachusetts
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Enterprise Risk Management (MSERM) from Boston University, Massachusetts
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MSSCM) from Boston University, Massachusetts
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) from Boston University, Massachusetts
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA)from Boston University, Massachusetts
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Global Marketing Management (MSGMM) from Boston University, Massachusetts
- Double Degree with a Master of Science in Master of Financial Management (MSFM) from Boston University, Massachusetts