Having fun and learning a lot of new things – the new students in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) BINUS International did these two things and more when they visited Trans Studio Bandung, on Monday (16/7). The recreational park located at Jl. Gatot Soebroto, Bandung, West Java, has complete facilities, with arcades, a mall and a hotel.
The Head of Program of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Hera Oktadiana SST, MM, MBA, says that this trip also emphasizes that the hospitality and tourism industry are more than just hotels and restaurants.
Hera explains that the industry, which is considered the biggest in the world, consists of several sectors, namely event-planning, MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) businesses, airlines, travel agencies, transportation, theme parks, entertainment, sports, recreations, leisure, cruise lines, resorts and spas.
“With the study trip to Trans Studio Bandung, hopefully HTM students can improve their knowledge of hospitality and tourism,” she says.
There are three different areas which can be explored in Trans Studio which are Studio Central, Lost City and Magic Corner. We started from Studio Central. We entered the ‘backstage’ and got to pretend to be Investigasi presenters in the studio. As a souvenir, we bought a CD of our ‘performance’ for Rp 50,000.
Don’t forget to stop by at Studio Central and try out the other interesting rides, such as the Yamaha Racing Coaster, Transcar Racing, the Giant Swing, Si Bolang Adventure, Vertigo, the Science Center and Transcity Theatre.
Transcity Theatre brings you the musical Kabayan Goes to Hollywood and Petualangan si Bolang dan ZooCrew. You can find an Indiana-Jones atmosphere at Lost City with Sky Pirates “Zeppelin”, Jelajah, Kong Climb (15 meters tall) and Amphitheater.
Experience a magical ride on the Magic Corner, with on ‘Dunia Lain’ the Ride, Negeri Raksasa, Special Effects Action Stage 18, Dragon Riders, Blackheart Pirate Ship and Pulau Liliput.
For those of you who crave an adrenalin rush, the Yamaha Racing Coaster is a must-try. The roller coaster is claimed to be one of the fastest rides in the world, and can reach 120 km/hour in 3.5 seconds and a reverse maneuver at a 90 degree angle.
If you want to know how it feels to fall from a five-storey building, try to ride Negeri Raksasa. Here, you’ll sit on a chair which will bring you to the top of the building, before ‘dropping’ you.
Or, do you want to know how it feels to sit on a giant swing? The name says it all, because Giant Swing is the ride for you. You can also enjoy the Vertigo fan which will spin you 360 degrees. If you enjoy water-themed rides, you should try Jelajah, which will take you on a trip along the jungle of Africa and down a 13-meter waterfall.
In addition, there is a special children’s area with rides like Si Bolang Adventure (a train ride around Indonesia), Dunia Anak (Children’s World), the Science Center, Trans Broadcast Museum, Sky Pirates (a cable car with pirate theme), the Amphitheatre and many others.
Here you’ll find important information for Trans Studio visitors.
- Cash is not valid in the venue. All transactions for food, beverage and souvenirs use the Mega Cash card, which also works as the entrance ticket. The Mega Cash card is valued at Rp 10,000.
- The credit in the card will be automatically reduced during each transaction. You can add the credit at the cashier counters of Trans Studio, the food courts, Bank Mega Bandung ATM and other branches of Bank Mega in Bandung which provide this service.
- The shared ATM network doesn’t include BCA ATM.
- You are not allowed to bring food, beverages, pets, roller skates, helmets and statues (!) into the theme park area.
- You are not allowed to smoke in the theme park area.
- There are several food and beverage outlets such as Coffee Bean, Baskin Robbins, Corvette Diner (American-style), Studio Kuring (Sundanese), Studio Mie, Studio Chick (fried chicken) and Warung Iga Bakar.
- The prices for food and beverage items vary from Rp 28,000 to Rp 50,000. A package of rice and a piece of chicken with regular coca cola is priced at Rp 28,000. Meanwhile, two pieces of chicken is Rp 36,000. In addition, they serve snacks such as popcorn (from Rp 14,000 to Rp 22,000) and cotton candy (Rp 17,000). The most inexpensive beverage is priced at Rp 8,000.
- For those who bring their babies or toddlers, you are allowed to bring baby food and a stroller. However, you may not bring hot water or mineral water to make bottled milk. For that, you must ask the tenant for hot water or mineral water.
- A nursing room facility is provided.
- They advise parents to bring socks for their toddlers who want to play at Pulau Liliput. You can also buy them in front of the ride (Rp 20,000).
- If you don’t like the queue, you can buy the VIP ticket by adding Rp 200,000. The normal ticket price for regular days (Monday-Friday) is Rp 150,000. The normal ticket price for weekend/holidays is Rp 200,000 .
- Open from Monday-Friday, 10.00 – 21.00 and Saturday, Sunday/holiday from 09.00 – 22.00.
Enjoy Trans Studio Bandung and Have a Fun Ride!
Published at : Updated