In case you personally know or have encountered someone who is COVID-19 positive, what should you do? (Including protection measures for persons who are in or have recently visited areas where COVID-19 is spreading in the past 14 days)
Stay at Home
Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as a headache and a slight runny nose, until you recover.
Why? Avoiding contact with others and visits to medical facilities will allow these facilities to operate more effectively and help protect you and others from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
Seek Medical Advice If You Develop a Fever, Cough, and Difficulty Breathing
If you develop a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice promptly as this may be due to a respiratory infection or another serious condition. Call in advance and tell your provider of any recent travel or contact with travelers.
Why? Calling in advance will allow your healthcare provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also help to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
Practice Basic Protective Measures against COVID-19
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider.
Be Kind, Be Supportive
Panicking won’t make things better. Keep calm, be kind, and be supportive of each other. Show empathy to those who are affected.
Do Not Spread Private Information about Those Who Are Affected
- It may inflict harm, harassment, online shaming, extortion, and coercion.
- It will discourage others to get tested and report to the authorities.
- It is considered doxing and is totally unethical and illegal. It is a crime and can lead to serious legal consequences (Undang-undang Republik Indonesia nomor 19 tahun 2016).
Always remember to stay healthy, protect yourself and others, and be kind! Together we can get through this hard moment.
Due to the rapidly escalating health concerns relating to the spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), BINUS UNIVERSITY is striving to take preventive efforts with the aim of protecting the health of all students, lecturers, employees, and all other related parties.
Visit binus.ac.id/siaga-covid19 to stay up-to-date with BINUS UNIVERSITY’s efforts in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the students and the academic community in the campus environment.
Also, get more facts about the COVID-19 pandemic from the World Health Organization (WHO) here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Published at :