DEGREE & EDUCATION
- Ph.D in Informatics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2003
- MEng. in Artificial Intelligence, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 1999
- BEng. in Electronics, Atma Jaya University, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1994
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Knowledge-Based Organizations, IGI Global, 2009 – Present
- Judge Committee, Indonesia ICT Award (INAICTA), 2010 – 2012
- Judge, InnoServe Contest, Organized by Taipei Computer Association, Taiwan, 2012
- Program Committee member, The 14th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS2012), Bali, Indonesia, 2012
- Program Committee Chair, International Conference on Advances Science and Contemporary Engineering (ICASCE 2012), Jakarta, Indonesia, 2012
- Program Committee member, International Workshop on User Experience in e-Learning and Augmented Technologies in Education, in conjunction with ACM Multimedia 2012, Nara, Japan, 2012
- Program Committee Co-Chair, The 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computing, Control, and Telecommunication Technologies – ACT 2010, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Program Committee member, The 8th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing & Multimedia, MoMM 2010, Paris, France
- Judge, e-Company and Future CIO award, SWA magazine, 2010
- Deputy Regional Contest Director, ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest, Asia Regional Jakarta, 2008 – 2010
- Internal ISO Auditor, BINUS University, 2008 – 2010
- Judge Committee member, Indonesia ICT Award (INAICTA), 2009
- Judge, Research and Development Category, Indonesia ICT Award (INAICTA), 2008
- Site Director, ACM Indonesia National Collegiate Programming Contest, 2007
- Coach, ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest World Finals, Tokyo, 2007
- Coach, ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest Asia Regional, Kaohsiung, 2006
- Program Committee Chair, National Multimedia and Computer Graphics (MMCG) Conference, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2006.
- Program Committee member, Workshop on Web Analytics, in conjunction with the Second SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, 2002
- Program Committee member, Workshop on Web Mining, in conjunction with the First SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, 2001
- Researcher, European Union Sol-Eu-Net project (Data mining for decision support), 2000 – 2002
- Researcher, Predictive Toxicology Challenge project, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2000 – 2001
- Journal Reviewer, Information Sciences, 2007; IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2001 – 2003; ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 2002; Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Journal, 2002.
- CS206 Artificial Intelligence (2004 – present)
- CS217 Computer Graphics (2005 – present)
- J9053 Advanced Business Intelligence (2010 – present)
- CS312 Advanced Games Design and Programming (2007 – 2009)
- CS202 Computing Theory (2004 – 2006)
Machine learning, data mining, and intelligent systems.
Article in scientific journals
- Y. Heryadi and R. Kosala, Detecting Near-Duplicate Video of Television Video Commercial using Motif Discovery from Feature Time Series, International Journal of Computer Science, To appear.
- R. Kosala, Intraday Patterns of Initial Public Offerings in Hot and Cold Markets: An Indonesia Study, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics Issue 74, pp. 188-197, September, 2011
- R. Kosala, H. Blockeel, M. Bruynooghe, and J. Van den Bussche, Information extraction from structured documents using k-testable tree automaton inference, Data and Knowledge Engineering 58 (2), pp. 129-158, August, 2006
- R. Kosala and H. Blockeel, Web mining research: A survey, SIGKDD Explorations 2, no. 1, 1-15, 2000
Article in books
- R. Kosala and R. Kumaradjaja, Recent Advances in Machine Learning for Financial Markets, Machine Learning Research Progress (H. Peters and M. Vogel, eds.), Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2010
- R. Kosala, H. Blockeel, and F. Neven, An overview of web mining, Dealing with the data flood. Mining data, text and multimedia (J. Meij, ed.), STT/Beweton, The Hague, pp. 480-497, 2002
Article in international conferences and workshops
- R. Kosala, E. Adi, Steven, Harvesting Real Time Traffic Information from Twitter, Procedia Engineering, Volume 50, Pages 1-11, 2012
- E.F. Putra and R. Kosala, Application of Artificial Neural Networks To Predict Intraday Trading Signals, Proceedings of The 10th WSEAS International Conference on E-ACTIVITIES, 2011
- A. Kurniady and R. Kosala, Knowledge-Based Integrated Financial Forecasting System, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Computer Research and Development (ICCRD), 2011
- G. Pranatio and R. Kosala, A Comparative Study of Skeletal and Keyframe Animations in a Multiplayer Online Game, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Advances in Computing, Control, and Telecommunication Technologies (ACT), 2010
- Y. Heryadi and R. Kosala, A Preliminary Study on Perceived Benefit of MDT Implementation at Blue Bird Taxi, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Advances in Computing, Control, and Telecommunication Technologies (ACT), 2010
- K. Nurwono and R. Kosala, Color Quick Response Code for Mobile Content Distribution, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MoMM), 2009
- W.B. Liu and R. Kosala, Authoring Tool for Existing Game Engines, Proceedings of the International Conference on Games and Allied Technologies, Singapore, 2008.
- F. Mulyono, A. Rusli, R. Kosala, and A. Haryo, Interoperable Distributed Automated Fingerprint Identification System, Proceedings of the International Conference on Soft Computing, Intelligent Systems and Information Technology (ICSIIT), 2007
- F. Halim, A. Prayudi, B. Setio, R. Kosala, Fast Business Intelligence, Workshop in Semantic Information Integration on Knowledge Discovery, 2006
- R. Kosala, M. Bruynooghe, H. Blockeel, and J. Van den Bussche, Information extraction from web documents based on local unranked tree automaton inference, Proceedings of 18th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), Acapulco, Mexico (Gottlob, G. and Walsh, T., eds.), pp. 403-408, 2003
- R. Kosala, M. Bruynooghe, H. Blockeel, and J. Van den Bussche, Information extraction by means of a generalized k-testable tree automata inference algorithm, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS) (Ibrahim, I.K. and Bressan, S. and Schwinger, W., eds.), pp. 105-109, 2002
- R. Kosala, J. Van den Bussche, M. Bruynooghe, and H. Blockeel, Information extraction in structured documents using tree automata induction, Principles of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, 6th European Conference (PKDD), Proceedings (Elomaa, T. and Mannila, H. and Toivonen, H., eds.), vol 2431, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 299-310, 2002
- H. Blockeel, K. Driessens, N. Jacobs, R. Kosala, S. Raeymaekers, J. Ramon, J. Struyf, W. Van Laer, and S. Verbaeten, First order models for the predictive toxicology challenge, ECML/PKDD Workshop: The Predictive Toxicology Challenge 2000-2001 (C. Helma, R. King, S. Kramer and A. Srinivasan, eds.), 2001, pp. 1-12.
- R. Kosala, and H. Blockeel, Instance-based wrapper induction, Benelearn 2000, Proceedings of the Tenth Belgian-Dutch Conference on Machine Learning (A. Feelders, ed.), 2000, pp. 61-68.
Last updated :