To become a leading and world class Computer Science School that is reputable and excellent in teaching and research, in order to keep relevant with the needs of the global industry and society.
- Educate students from diverse backgrounds with the relevant knowledge and skills for the society by providing computer science courses and internship.
- Prepare graduates to become smart and good IT leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs in global industries, as well as prepare them for advanced studies.
- Build strong connections with international academic and non-academic partners and global corporations.
The School of Computer Science has been dedicated to offer the highest standard of computer science education since its establishment in 2001. The School has a range of focused courses, called stream, at the undergraduate level. Each stream is aimed to build not only a strong conceptual knowledge in computer science, but also well-defined IT industry skill-sets, including General Computer Science, Computer Forensics and Security, and Games Technology. To ensure that the skill-sets match with industry requirements, the school adopts an industry-academic program and embeds this program in different courses in the defined streams. For instance, we embed the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) curriculum, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) curriculum, and SCJP (Sun Certified Java Programmer) curriculum in our courses.
The School is not only concerned with the academic quality of the program, but it also prepares students for their future careers by providing them with opportunities to obtain professional certifications, such as CCNA, CEH, and SCJP, and with work experience in internships with industry and managed internship programs. While in the internship with industry program, students spend a certain period working full time at a company site, in the managed internship the students work on the project brought by a company to the school, at the school site.
Computer Science graduates will find that they will generally fit well into the software development industry, either as a programmer, software engineer, application designer or software architect. However, since they have also gone through a specific streaming process, they will be able to develop their careers in the networking or multimedia industries as network administrator and computer security consultant, or in the games and multimedia industries which involve a lot of outsourcing as games designer and games developer. Computer science graduates also have a good opportunity to develop their entrepreneurial skills by starting up a company themselves.
The objectives of the School of Computer Science are :
- Produce graduates with the skills to develop creative software products and services, including but not limited to computer networks and security and games technology.
- Produce graduates with a solid foundation of mathematical, algorithms, and principles related to computing that will be needed in problem solving practice
- Equip graduates with the skills of communication and utilizing the latest trend in technology to contribute in the global workforce.
- Produce graduates with the skills to design and implement various computer networking environments using different security techniques and routing theories to produce secured and robust networks.
- Produce graduates with the skill to design and develop game application by combining technology with creative art and design concept to produce a good game application that is able to run in multi platform environments.
- Equip graduates with the 6 key skills (self-management, planning and organizing, team work, problem solving, decision making, initiative and enterprise) and foreign languages as well as using information technology and to be a useful in the workplace and society.
Last updated :