To become a leading and world class Computer Science Program that is reputable and excellent in teaching and research, in order to keep relevant with the needs of the global industry and society.
- Educate students from diverse backgrounds with the relevant knowledge and skills for the society by providing computer science courses and internship.
- Prepare graduates to become smart and good IT leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs in global industries, as well as prepare them for advanced studies.
- Build strong connections with international academic and non-academic partners and global corporations.
The Computer Science Program has been dedicated to offer the highest standard of computer science education since its establishment in 2001. The Program has a range of focused courses, called stream, at the undergraduate level. Each stream is aimed to build not only a strong conceptual knowledge in computer science, but also well-defined IT industry skill-sets, including General Computer Science, and Games Technology. To ensure that the skill-sets match with industry requirements, the school adopts an industry-academic program and embeds this program in different courses in the defined streams. For instance, we embed the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) curriculum, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) curriculum, and SCJP (Sun Certified Java Programmer) curriculum in our courses.
The Program is not only concerned with the academic quality of the program, but it also prepares students for their future careers by providing them with opportunities to obtain professional certifications, such as CCNA, CEH, and SCJP, and with work experience in internships with industry and managed internship programs. While in the internship with industry program, students spend a certain period working full time at a company site, in the managed internship the students work on the project brought by a company to the school, at the school site.
The objectives of the program are:
- Produce reputable professionals with the skills to develop creative and impactful software products and services, including but not limited to computer networks and security and games technology.
- Produce reputable professionals with a solid foundation of mathematics, algorithms, and principles related to computing that will be needed in problem-solving practice
- Equip graduates with communication skills and utilize the latest trends in technology to contribute to the global workplace.
- Produce reputable professionals with the skills to design and implement various computer networking environments using different security techniques and routing theories to produce secured and robust networks.
- Produce reputable professionals with the skills to design and develop game applications by combining technology with creative art and design concepts to produce an exceptional game application that is able to run on multi-platform environments.
- Equip graduates with the 6 key skills (self-management, planning and organizing, team work, problem solving, decision making, initiative and enterprise) and foreign languages as well as using information technology and to be useful in the workplace and society
After successful completion of the 4-year program, students are expected to be able to:
- Develop software using appropriate software development methodologies to produce software with different requirements.
- Apply the principles of design and development of software architecture in the construction of software solutions.
- Apply the latest technology according to software development requirements.
- Administer the conceptual knowledge and mathematical principles related to computing to perform any related computing formulation.
- Administer the conceptual knowledge and algorithm principles related to computing to do problem-solving.
- Communicate; work in a team, and utilize the latest trends in technology to contribute in the global workplace.
- Design and implement various computer networking environments using different security techniques and routing theories to produce secured and robust networks.
- Design and develop game applications by combining technology with creative art and design concept to produce a good game application that is able to run on multi-platform environments.
- Apply the 6 key skills (self-management, planning and organizing, team work, problem solving, decision making, initiative and enterprise) and foreign languages as well as using information technology beuseful in the workplace and society.
Last updated :