Gatot is an accounting academic (Senior Lecturer, Lektor 300) with a CA (Chartered Accountant), a CPA (Certified Practising Accountant, Australia), a CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and extensive knowledge and experience in auditing, taxation and financial accounting, both in the University as well as corporate training.
He is the Head of International Accounting & Finance (IAF) Program in BINUS University International, one of the best private education institutions in Indonesia.
He was graduated as the highest achieving graduates of Master of Business (Accounting) from Monash University in 2007. He has his PhD in 2017 from Monash University, Australia with thesis examining CEO Power, Corporate Tax Avoidance and Tax Aggressiveness. The writer of two accounting text book, several research journal publications and Op-Ed in national newspapers.
Research & Publication
- Corporate Tax Avoidance and Firm Value: Indonesian Evidence (2018: JCAE Conference — Indonesian session)
- CEO Power, Corporate Tax Avoidance and Tax Aggressiveness (2017: PhD thesis — unpublished)
- The Value Relevance of Deferred Tax Attributed to Asset Revaluations, co-authored with Dean Hanlon and Farshid Navissi (Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics — Volume 10, Issue 2, August 2014, pp.87-99)
- Author of best-selling accounting text book “Principles of Accounting: Indonesia’s Adaptation” (2008), published by Cengage Learnings, Singapore
- Author of “Public Sector Accounting System” (2002) book published by Salemba Empat
- Presenting research papers in various international accounting conferences as well as published research in the peer-review academic journal.
- Author of various Op-Ed articles in national newspapers (English and Indonesian)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) from 24 to 30 June 2018,
Current Project/Working Papers
- PCAOB Sanctions and Client Stock Market Reaction: Evidence from Ernst & Young Indonesia
- Female Audit Partners and Audit Quality: Evidence from Indonesia
- Indonesian Multinational Companies and Tax Havens
- Financial Accounting
- Business Valuation & Reporting Analysis
Last updated :