Marko has worked in various industries for more than 10 years, mostly as an accountant. During that period, his work was related to IT, and the pharmaceutical and education industries. He is well-versed in the usage of accounting software, including lecturing MYOB for undergraduate student, from its usage when creating a company through to its use in problem-solving matters.
Prior to his current position, Marko was assigned as the Head of Program of the undergraduate school of Accounting and Finance in Binus University International from 2009-2011.
Marko obtained his bachelor degree in accounting from the University of Indonesia. He pursued his Master degree in International Business from Curtin University in 2000 and continued his doctoral degree in Accounting at Victoria University of Wellington from 2011 until 2015.
His research interests are institutional theory, organizational cultures, and behavioral accounting. Currently, his research area focuses on the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). He also has passion for youth and music education.
- Indonesian Accounting Association (IAI)
- Certified Professional Management Accountant
- Hermawan, M. & Putri, J.S. (2018), Can Management Control Systems be applied in SME? A case study of small manufacturing in Indonesia, Indonesian Journal of Accounting Research, 21(1), p. 75-98
- Hermawan, M. & Mulyawan, S. (2014), Profitability and Corporate Social Responsibility; An Analysis of Indonesia’s Listed Company, Asian Pasific Journal of Accounting and Finance, 3(1), p. 15-31
- Hermawan, M. (2013). Factors Affecting Marching Band Competition Results; An Empirical Study of Indonesian Marching Band Activity,Malaysian Music Journal, 2(1).
- Bambang, M. & Hermawan, M. (2012), Founding Family Ownership and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Consumer Goods Industry in Indonesia, Journal of Applied Finance and Accounting, 4(2), p. 112-131.
- Waworuntu, S.R.,Hermawan, M. & Hokardi, S.N. (2012). Effects of Corporate Governance Variables on Earnings Management in Indonesia, Jurnal Keuangan dan Perbankan,
- Hermawan, M., Tirok, J., & Dawis, D.S. (2010). The Analysis of Company Vulnerability Degree using Altman model; A survey of public listed companies in Indonesia,Journal of Applied Finance and Accounting, 2(2), p.88-99.
- Hermawan, M. (2010). Interaksi Multidisiplin Ilmu dalam Sebuah Organisasi; Studi Kasus Organisasi Marching Band,Jurnal Universitas Paramadina, conference edition.
- Faculty Exchange to Cologne Business School, Cologne, Germany; October 9 – 14, 2017; Subject taught: Cross Cultural Management, Indonesian Business Culture
- Faculty Exchange to Ningbo University, China; November 22 – 25, 2015; Subject taught: ASEAN Economic Community, Qualitative Research in Accounting
Ongoing Research and Case Studies
- Hermawan, M. and Soegiarto, E, (2018), Institutionalization of an intermediary organization; A case study of ‘Pemuda Pancasila’ as business intermediaries in Indonesia, paper submitted to the International Conference of Management, Hospitality and Accounting (IMHA), Jakarta, Indonesia
- Hermawan, M. and Loo, M., (2018), Kekeluargaan as a foundation of Indonesian business norm
- Hermawan, M. (2017), The Other Side of the Coin; an Historical Development of the Global Professional Networks in Indonesia
- Choong, L. & Hermawan, M. (2017), Cross Cultural Management; A case study of Porsche Indonesia.
- Hermawan, M. & Choong, L. (2017), Organizational Culture; A case study of PT. BCA, Tbk
- Hermawan, M. & Choong, L. (2017), Mapping the terrain; the Indonesian Business perspective on ASEAN Economic Community, paper under review in International Journal of Business and Management Science (IJBMS)
- Hermawan, M, (2018), A Perception of Indonesian Marching Bands towards Music Education
- Baskerville, R., & Hermawan, M. (2018), The cultural nuance in applying institutional logics: Insights from an Indonesian accounting firm, paper submitted to Journal of International Accounting Research (JIAR).
- Waworuntu, Hermawan, and Hokardi (2011), The Impact of Corporate Governance Variables on Earnings Management in Indonesia, presented in The 23rd Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, 16 – 19 October 2011, Beijing, China.
Conference Presenter and Speaker
- Hermawan, M. & Baskerville, R. (2017), ‘Understanding the Indonesian Accounting Firm: An Institutional Logics Perspective’, paper presented in the Simposium Nasional Akuntansi (SNA) XX, Jember, East Java, Indonesia.
- Hermawan, M. (2017), presented as the Plenary Speaker for the Philippines Association of Graduate Education (PAGE), September 20th, 2017, Manila, The Philippines.
- Hermawan, M. & Rizal, K., (2017), ‘Private- and State-owned Enterprises Performance; an Empirical Study of Oil & Gas and Consumer Goods Companies in Indonesia’, paper presented in the 2nd International Conference on Organizational Performance Excellence (iCOPE), Bandung, Indonesia
- Hermawan, M. (2017), ‘Kekeluargaan as a Foundation of Indonesian Business Norm’, paper presented in the ASEAN Symposium of Sociology 2017, University of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia.
- Choong, L. & Hermawan, M. (2016), ‘Mapping the terrain; the Indonesian Business perspective on ASEAN Economic Community’, paper presented in the 13th Academy for Global Business Advancement (AGBA), Surakarta, Indonesia.
- Hermawan, M (2013), An investigation of organisational culture: a case study of Indonesia’s professional accounting firms, paper presented in the 7th Asia Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference (APIRA); Doctoral Colloquium, Kobe, Japan
- Waworuntu, S.R, Hermawan, M. and Hokardi, S., (2011), The Impact of Corporate Governance Variables on Earnings Management in Indonesia, paper presented in The 23rd Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, 16 – 19 October 2011, Beijing, China.
- Hermawan, M., Tirok, J., & Dawis, D.S. (2010). The Analysis of Company Vulnerability Degree using Altman model; A survey of public listed companies in Indonesia, paper presented in the 2nd Annual Conference in Globalization, Sustainability and Development, Bali, Indonesia
- Marching Band Sebagai Pendidikan Berkarakter; Sebuah Solusi Komprehensif Pendidikan Non-formal Bagi Remaja, published in Tune In Bulletin, edisi ke-3, 2015
Last updated :